Jul 9, 2009

Birthday celebration

A few days beforehand, David informed me that he had to be out-of-town for work on my birthday...Disappointing, but at least he was just out-of-town rather than out of the country, as he so cutely reminded me. We had been deciding how to celebrate, and had been given a few dinner suggestions from friends; one was Kincaid's and the other Ruth's Chris. I coordinated dinner reservations for the evening on the Friday preceeding the 4th of July; which David has off. We voted on Ruth's Chris as our choice and were not disappointed. First we had a cocktail; I chose a pomagranate martini (after being carded) and David had a scotch, and shared some crab-stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. We each had steak, which comes off some crazy 1800 degree grill...and shared some augratin potatoes. Very good. Then we got to share a complimentary dessert of choice--we picked a banana cream torte; it had a white-chocolate vanilla bean custard and a creme' brulee top; spectacular! Many phone calls and of course, FaceBook messages on the actual day made me feel very blessed!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Yum!!!Great choice! We ate at a Ruth's Chris on our honeymoon while in DC. One of the best meals we've ever had. I don't remember having desert, but we split a very nice bottle of wine. So worth the price!

Glad you had a nice birthday, we'll catch up soon!