Mar 26, 2010

WHERE does the time go?





Crazy long time since I've blogged! Spring is here, and Easter soon will be here, and again I wonder where the time goes!! Busy lives, busy kids; well, that's just a start.

Our girls are well and growing like weeds. Ashley is busy with school, her job, and a new beau named Jordan. Funny thing is his dad went to HS with David and I, and now they live here. Amanda recently obtained a prized "American Girl" doll, named Julia. The majority of the money came from it being a Christmas gift from us along with other Christmas money. Amanda's friend down the cul-du-sac also has an American Girl so they play with them often. She has only had to be reminded a few times about cleaning up all the "stuff", and to keep it out of Abby's reach. Abby is busy, busy, busy! She talks up a storm, and is always singing her own little songs, which are really different songs she puts together. It begins with "Veggie Tales", and ends with something like "twinkle star". She has grown so tall now, in the 50th percentile, which is strange considering neither David or I are tall. I guess his dad's genes and my grandma's are coming in there.

Above is a photo of how Abby decided to fall asleep one night with a bunch of her "buddies", as she calls them.

Deployment news; we just hurry up and wait on details. We know the approximate time frame and the "new" location supposedly. This destination is a welcomed change, let's just say that. I will post updates as the come. His job is fortunately still with the state, but with that, we hope every day for no budget cuts that affect it...We are grateful and feel blessed.

As for me, I feel like I spend the majority of my time...doing homework! I wish it wasn't that way, but I am a perfectionist. I'm exaggerating probably on how much time, I really try to do as much as I can during the day, while Abby plays, ect. At least I can be home with her. We try to get out for a walk or time at the library for story time. Now that it's nice out, we can walk. Nights are spent with the two little girls, with everything from homework to videos, and everything in between. Someday I will graduate, but like being able to do things at my pace. That pace and homework load will be lightened once David leaves, however. My girls are the number one priority, obviously, then.



No comments: