Oct 28, 2007

Adventure time

David & I had to attend Reintegration this past weekend in Moorhead.... Yes, in the middle of nowhere, basically. On the way there while driving on I-94, we came upon a large number of very slow moving vehicles, and then were suddenly at a dead stop...it was long enough where I was actually putting the car in park because we basically weren't moving. We started noticing a lot of cars trying everything imaginable to get to the exit; going over the median, driving the wrong way on the shoulder. So I started thinking this was not good news. We decided to call 511 and see what was up, and found out they were GOING TO BE CLOSING THE FREEWAY there at that moment. So luckily I squeezed my way out to the off-ramp. We proceeded, and then ended up taking a DIRT ROAD trying to get around the mess. Finally, we got our way back to 94 by going through Monticello. I have a new found appreciation for uneventful driving, and the compass on our van. Too bad, though because it was right at the Albertville exit, so there was no possible way of stopping there even if I wanted to. You physically couldn't get there by going west. Oh well I'll have to venture up that way again, if anyone's interested in outlet shopping!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Happy Halloween! Send pictures of the girls' costumes!