Mar 4, 2008

Clumsy or bad luck?

On Saturday the little girls and I had cabin fever. David had gone to Duluth on Friday for drill and was back in the cities about 24 hours later. Then on Sunday he had to leave again for Camp Ripley for a week-long school on EMT re-certification. So our window of opportunity was very short. When he called to say he was on his way home, I asked if he was up to it and he said yes. We hit the road and headed towards MOA; crazy but I wanted to do some walking.

We parked and I was getting the girls and the stuff ready to go. David was in the back of the van getting the stroller. I walked around the back and CLOCKED me on the head with the tail gate as it was coming down-David had hit the button and didn't see me. Oh my goodness, that HURT! It literally brought tears to my eyes. I also managed to bite the tip of my tongue and it was now bleeding. David made sure I was ok of course, and then we went inside to walk around. The day it happened my head really didn't hurt, just my tongue; and it was hard to talk normally. Sunday I felt better. Today I woke up with a headache and the spot on my head hurts. Of course it has to be on my forehead, and it'll will likely turn black & blue....Oh yeah.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yes, story of my life. I can't tell you how many times I had clocked my head on the quarter panel getting into MY OWN car.