Mar 30, 2008

Scrapbook getaway

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for this! My friend Stacy in Duluth has gone to this scrapbook retreat 2 other times, and this time she politely insisted that I needed to go. Hmmm, kids have no school all week, this could work. I checked with David while at work and he volunteered to take 2 days of vacation so I could go; and he could have bonding time with the girls. We stay at an 11-12 person retreat house in Meadowlands with a complete kitchen. People offer free-will potluck-type items for the meals,-taco salad, take and bake pizzas and egg bake for brunch (yuck!) I have my rice cakes and peanut butter all set to go since I hate eggs. Stacy and I will share a 2-person room with its own bathroom. The workroom has huge banquet tables for us to set up on and go to town. I have neglected my Florida pictures, so I plan on working on that. We'll be there from 3:00 today until around 11:30 on Tuesday. I don't know if I will know what to do with myself... No chores and no children will be very strange! She said its very relaxing; sounds like just what I need. Not that I'm complaining but that 22 months while he was gone was challenging!

So the only downfall is I've been fighting the cold-crud since Tuesday, but finally starting to feel normal. Now I just have a little congestion and occasional cough.

A.I.: Sad to Chikizie go. I kind of thought Ramiele would leave. Actually liked how Kristy Lee Cook sang. My favorites last week were: Carly, David C., David A. and Luke. AND, the best news (in t.v. land) is Grey's Anatomy comes back on April 24!!! YES, YES, YES! FINALLY! I recently watched an old Patrick Dempsey movie- "Can't Buy me love", he was sooooo geeky! Much improved now days!

No comments: