Apr 26, 2008

I don't get it! (yet)

I've always wanted to learn how to crochet. My husband's late grandmother made those killer, ever-lasting washcloths and hot pads. She also made us a beautiful blanket. If at 96 (and half-blind) she could do it, I should be able to...Enter over-experienced crocheter, MOM. Somehow mom and Ashley got talking about crafts, and next thing we know, she was teaching Ashley. -I've had the yarn and hooks for about a year, just sitting here. Ashley picked it up pretty quickly, and before long she had a few different stitches down. Then came me. I had read Crocheting for Dummies, but easier to learn with a person. I get the idea, I just can't coordinate my hands quite right yet. Maybe having a little less wine (mom too) would help during the next session. I think we were laughing so hard we were crying; because I make things harder than they need to be. Mom said she won't give up on me until I've learned; hopefully that will be before she leaves!

We ran to the store yesterday. When we got back Abby, mom and Amanda went in the house. I propped the door open so I could bring in the bags, and the next thing I knew, Abby ran outside in the rain, in her socks...So I chase her down the driveway and carry her back. I was laughing so hard I couldn't catch my breath. Well, she had fun anyway. Maybe the next time it rains, we'll put her new pink rubber boots and pink raincoat on and let her splash around.

No comments: